In the world of web advertising. None has generated more consumer response than pay-per-click (PPC) advertising.
The advantage of PPC advertising is its inherent flexibility. Traffic arrives instantly from actual users, and performance is measured in real-time.
Currently, Google and Facebook! are two giants that dominate the field. SEM (Search Engine Marketing) called Google Ads is a pay-per-click advertising engine that uses its popular search engine to encourage browsers to access client websites for a minimal fee. It currently has the largest distribution network compared to Facebook!, and the prices are relatively competitive with results.
For the advertiser considering this form of marketing, using pay-per-click strategies can be daunting. But the advertiser needs to remember a few pointers before plunging headlong into the fray.
- Create ads with a high click-through rate. The Click-through rate is the measure of relevancy in Google Ads. The more people who enter your site, the more people find your site's content relevant to their search.
- Choose your keywords carefully. Keywords are the links to which browsers can find your site. Bids are often placed for the most-used keywords, and frequently, the prices for these words escalate to unbelievable proportions.
It would be better to take some time to step into the head of your target market and get a feel of what words they would put in the search engine to solve their problems. For example, people trying to buy motor oil online usually enter "motor oil" into the search.
A more creative bidder can use other keywords that are also relevant to the subject, which the browser is most likely to enter as well, like "lube change", "overhaul", or "tune up". The possibilities can be endless with a little imagination and role-playing.
If you fine-tune the key phrases, your click-through rate will increase along with your site's relevancy to the consumer. Being first in using a new keyword will also give the browser an impression that the bidder is the only solution to this problem.
- List your site wisely. Google Ads bidders have three ways of listing on their search engine.
Broad Match – eat cheese – will run a search string with all words with Google 1 Google 2 in any order. This will also display the results that have a close connection to the search, like eating cheddar, eating cheese, cheese-eating, etc.
Phrase Match - "eat cheese" – will run a search string that will display the results that match the exact phrase "eat cheese" in that one order only. It will return links that contain such phrases in sentences, lyrics, songs, etc.
Exact Match – [eat cheese] – is a more precise search that will return a search string with only eat cheese and nothing else.
Furthermore, you can exclude your site from searches made for keyword listing with a negative perception such as free, porn, cracks, hacks, etc. add a "-" at the start of the word (-free).
- Syndicate. Google Ads is syndication, so advertisers can choose to appear only in Google, its affiliates, or even other contextual engines. Depending on the company's marketing strategy, you can decide which countries and languages to appear in.
- Bid well. It is well advised that it is wise to overbid slightly to get a more realistic exposure from the start. Because of good exposure, you can better understand whether your click-through rate and keywords match your market.
- Geotargeting. Geotargeting is a Google service that lets you appear on search results for browsers of a desired geographical location. Places as big as regions to as small as cities can be targeted. Options are also available as to a specific radius of an area chosen.
- Affiliates. In Google Ads, only one affiliate or seller ad can appear on a single landing page for every keyword. However, if affiliates can create a review for their site with significantly unique and relevant information, the site can appear on the same page along with the seller ad.
- Old-fashioned hard work. Of course, nothing will ever get off the ground without creativity, hard work, luck, and spending a few more dollars on professional help.
Google Ads must be taken as a tool in a box of tools for a company. This way, the company can manage to maximize all the markets it can reach on and off the web.
Understanding Google Ads
Ads is coined from the phrase 'advertising keyword.' Search engines such as Google, Yahoo, Alta Vista, and many others use the accessibility of the Internet to provide companies with a medium by which they can advertise to a specific target market.
- Google Ads gives companies a cheap yet effective way to advertise their products and services. One advantage is that, instead of making it a "hit or miss" campaign, this advertising strategy targets a specific audience.
- Take the following as an example. Jeff, an 11-year-old student in the United States, is surfing the Internet for related articles about a science project, so he went to www.google.com.
- Upon typing in the keyword 'science project' and pressing Enter, Jeff would see a list of search results on the left side. On the other side. He would see a list of 'sponsored links related to the topic he is researching.
- The sponsored links are the Ads that Google offers, and if you are an advertiser and you get this service from them, then you would have to pay Google based on the number of clicks the link gets.
- Once Jeff sees a particular link he is interested in, it will lead him to a company's website. The beauty of the Internet is instant access.
- Once Jeff finds a website with many helpful hints, links, and articles that can be useful for his school assignment, he can easily give the website to his friends.
This would create more hits to your website, increase traffic, create more leads, and result in more sales.
The benefits of Google Ads to Advertisers
With Ads in a search engine such as Google, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- you can control your Company's advertising costs by having a set budget
- you can create your advertising campaign and advertising content
- you can monitor and control traffic
- test campaigns can be conducted to determine whether an advertising strategy works or not
- Google Ads appear on a different side of the screen so the users would know that the link is paid for
- you can target a specific market with Google Ads
The rule of thumb is that a higher payment for an Adword would put your link in a higher position on the link.
However, it would help if you still viewed things from Google's perspective. Google would want to profit from your Company's advertising campaign.
If a sponsored link does not live up to Google's expectations and does not gather enough numbers, then the link can be eliminated. Look at the guidelines Google set to make their Ads work to your benefit.
How to Create Google Ads and Make them Work for your Company
The first step is to open a Google Ads account. Beforehand, you should have a specific target market. It is very important to consider the following factors: age group, social class, and gender of your target market, as well as the language and target country.
Ensure that your product is geared towards the region where your products and services are offered.
- Also, it is important to set a budget range for a Google AdWord campaign. Selecting keywords is crucial as this would determine the results of your advertising campaign.
- Have a clear understanding of the guidelines set by Google about Ads. Make sure you bid a good enough amount so that your link will be at least in the top three positions once a user types in the keyword.
- Once you have enticed Internet users to visit your website, your job does not stop there. You should have a very systematic web server log. You might have thousands of visitors, but how many would stay and lead to sales if they leave your site immediately?
- Use every click to your advantage and ensure that your website is designed so that nobody leaves without getting at least a lead, if not a downright or total sale.
- Finally, it would help if you learned how to use the tracking tools offered by Google to understand better the keywords that work. Once you know which keywords work for your target market, you can revise your advertising campaign to get better results.
Google Ads is a very effective, easy, and affordable way to advertise the products and services your Company offers. You should learn how to make their guidelines work to your advantage, to increase your sales and benefit your Company.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.